Sunday, April 11, 2010

Cleveland Park Bar & Grill - 3423 Conn. Ave. NW

It looks as if the winter months are finally behind us and we can put away the heavy jackets and thick socks for good. Aside from Braves season and the Cherry Blossom Festival, this means one major thing to me...dining and drinking can now be moved outside. This is a huge plus and makes any experience exponentially better. This past Saturday my roommate and I were looking for an outdoor venue where we could drink some good beers and soak up the sun without having to navigate the chaos that is M street or break the bank at the waterfront. We ended up at Cleveland Park Bar & Grill (CPBG).

CPBG is a fairly popular sports bar that is packed to the brim during the NFL season and throughout March Madness, but this past Saturday it was not too crowded at all. Neither of us had ever been here before and were going more for the beer than the food. However, I was pleasantly surprised with how extensive their menu was for being a sports bar. When you first walk in CPBG it strikes you as nothing extraordinary. There are plasmas out the ass and the downstairs bar has a dungeon feel (typical sports bar right?), but there is a pathway towards the bathrooms that leads to an upstairs deck with a full bar overlooking Connecticut.

My roommate and I started out with a couple pints on draft and each were only 5 bucks. 5 dollars is still 3 dollars too many, but all things considered that is a pretty good deal. The service was fantastic in my opinion and the staff was very attentive throughout our meal. I wasn't too hungry so I just had some chicken tenders and "Dad" had the turkey club. The chicken fingers were deep fried and came with a vinegar based bbq sauce that overshadowed the McDonalds-esque honey mustard. For 7$ i got 7 or 8 fingers which was nice. The turkey club was pretty average as well. We ended up running into an acquaintance randomly and their order was far superior to ours. They had the margarita pizza, some hot wings, and the chicken alfredo which all got rave reviews. I am curious to try some more of their food, but I was just as satisfied to do some top deck sippin on a great day. I give CPBG an A...the scene was awesome and I cant wait to go back and try some more food. I will post an update when I do so.

2 comments:

  1. @Dad - hahahahah I see you "Dad". I like it when they call me that too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad also enjoyed the waitress's comment when she ran the wrong cards. "I am a blonde."

    Well if you're lookin' for a good time
    Look hard as you want but you ain't gonna find
    The kinda good time you will
    Come ev'ry Friday 'n' Saturday evening
    At the Ceveland Park Bar and Grille

    EGO amo...

    ReplyDelete